Position Title: Emerging Manufacturer Advisor – Northeastern PA Region
Department: Business Development
Hire Date: No Later Than August 17, 2012
Compensation: $39,000 – $45,000 + Commission
Emerging Manufacturer Advisors are responsible for sales of NEPIRC services to emerging manufacturing companies, defined as those with more than 10 but fewer than 50 employees. This position is specifically focused on sales to the 400+ emerging manufacturers within Columbia, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe and Wyoming counties. Through marketing activities, client prospecting, sales and relationship-building calls, client and prospect interactions, public and small-group speaking and networking engagements, and working with other NEPIRC personnel, the Emerging Manufacturer Advisor will secure client engagements in the areas of Strategy, Innovation, Leadership Development, Revenue Growth, Continuous Improvement, Quality Management Systems, Sustainability, Global Engagement and other core NEPIRC services. The primary metrics by which success in this position will be measured are the aggregate dollar value of engagements sold and the number of different clients engaged.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
Service Development (Approx. 10% After Initial Onboarding):
- Learn about existing NEPIRC services immediately available to the emerging manufacturer market.
- Participate in the development of new emerging manufacturer services.
- Utilize market information and competitive intelligence to suggest new services for the emerging manufacturer market.
- Provide feedback to management for the continuous improvement, development and refinement of existing and new emerging manufacturer services.
Marketing (Approx. 15%):
- Develop and implement an Emerging Manufacturer Marketing Strategy sufficient to attain or exceed the organization’s annual market penetration goal of 10%.
- Develop marketing programs, participate in the design of supporting collateral material, and conduct related go-to-market tactics that enable emerging manufacturers to clearly understand all NEPIRC services.
- Represent NEPIRC at networking events, business venues, conferences and other public settings to promote NEPIRC’s emerging manufacturer services, overall services, mission, performance results or other topics as appropriate.
- Promote other NEPIRC special events, initiatives, programs and service offerings targeted to the emerging manufacturer market.
Sales / Business Development (Approx. 50%):
- Call on the over 400 emerging manufacturers within Columbia, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe and Wyoming counties, via phone call, email, site visits or other methods as appropriate to effectively secure one-on-one meetings with prospective clients to discuss NEPIRC’s emerging manufacturer services.
- Conduct meetings with prospective clients to discuss NEPIRC’s emerging manufacturer services, with goal of securing their participation in a NEPIRC engagement.
- Conduct prospective client follow-on (post-meeting) activities, which may include additional meetings, joint meetings with NEPIRC Client Service personnel, etc…as may be necessary to secure their participation in a NEPIRC engagement.
- Create and present proposals to prospective clients and secure their acceptance as evidence of their participation in a NEPIRC engagement.
- Work with Client Service personnel as needed to schedule and perform emerging manufacturer engagements with clients.
Post-Sale Support (Approx. 15%):
- Attend emerging manufacturer engagements, as appropriate, to ensure the delivery of specified services to clients and overall client satisfaction, as well as to prospect for potential follow-on engagement opportunities.
- Perform post-engagement debriefs and follow-on meeting(s) with clients to identify follow-on engagement opportunities, gauge overall client impacts, obtain testimonials and referrals and perform other tasks as may be assigned.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with clients sufficient to maintain NEPIRC’s brand awareness and customer loyalty over the long-term.
Database Maintenance (Approx. 10%):
- Maintain NEPIRC’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) system and other data systems (time reporting, activity reporting, etc…) as appropriate and in a timely fashion.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED)
- Passion for the northeastern Pennsylvania region, its manufacturers and its small business community.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater from an accredited university.
- At least 5 years of successful business-to-business calling, outreach and consultative sales (non-product-related) experience, preferably in a technology, financial, consulting or business services field.
- Experience in team-selling alongside technical specialists or subject matter experts.
- Familiarity with, or capability to learn about, manufacturing concepts such as Quality Systems, Process Improvement and Business Growth topics.
- Strong overall business fluency through work experience or education.
- Ability to uncover and diagnose business needs and suggest appropriate next steps.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to do cost-benefit analyses, return on investment (ROI) calculations and other financial analyses.
- Proven public speaking and writing skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database management.
- Ability to work overtime as reasonably requested or occasionally needed.
- NEPIRC utilizes Caliper® job candidate profiling assessments as part of its candidate evaluation process.
- Candidates with professional designations (CPA, CMA, CFP, APICS, etc…) are encouraged to apply.
- The daily dress code for this position is business formal.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested professionals can forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
- This position is available immediately.
- Please note that only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.